THE ZBORNAK FILES

because sometimes dorothy was dead

Monday, October 18, 2004

Pussy Cats & Boys



Yes, that IS Ethan Hawke's critically acclaimed novel Ash Wednesday you can see just behind the Icemeister. I'm such a lucky boy to own it. Did Vanilla win down on 'The Farm'? I didn't get to see much of it past the second episode, which is a shame because I did hear about the pig wanking incident.

I've been doing some face to face sessions at the LGB(&T) centre I'm helping out at and last week we had a 77 year old grandmother-of-four come in who'd been out for 5 weeks.

5 weeks!

77!

I'm not sure I can describe the awesomeness of witnessing her joy, but it was pretty powerful stuff. It was weird seeing that just out of the closet phase on someone of her age, and I'm a much better person for it, although she's just starting the stage where the internalised homophobia ("the greatest danger facing today's the gays") starts popping up again, it's my mission to destroy that (possibly in a way that involves dressing up in a red wig and infiltrating Les-D 6). I'll always remember some guy at college telling me he was a friend of Miss D and then adding "but I'm not into all that anal stuff". It's like a straight guy going "well, yes, it's true - I do like women, I'm just not into nipples that much". It's so disturbing how being gay is so related to how the sex is different, not just amongst non-gays but amongst the gays themselves. I think we need a drag queen version of Salt 'n' Pepa rapping up the charts with songs that make us feel powerful and wonderful and not like what The Man sees us as being. I also wish I was eloquent and had some time.

In other news & views, the new Battlestar Galactica kicks ass! Everything science fiction should be. Almost. Check it out, if only for the joy of realising that the President of, urm, the Humans (?) is Donnie Darko's mum; Not sure I agree with this 'get the troops out of Iraq before Christmas' thing. I mean, obviously, we should not have gone there, but we did, so we kinda need to stick around to sort out the mess, and the before Christmas thing is just emotive and not really practical, in my humble, not-that-well-informed, opinion anyway; The Bill O'Reilly sex scandal is my most favourite thing ever (besides Susan Powter's new image and the Pop being back); and I think I'm gong to learn how to knit whilst watching Tank Girl tomorrow afternoon.

Or learn how to use ";"'s.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, we are back! With more of a Ricki Lee vibe!

    Alyson

     
  • At 11:15 pm, Blogger Nixon said…

    Not sure if a dislike of anal sex is indicative of homo-homophobia... although people who are disgusted by the idea are very fucked up, as are those gay men who are disgusted by vaginas.

    On which note: The Bill O'Reilly sex scandal is *THE* most perfect things EVER, especially following the relase of 'The O'Reilly Factor For Kids' a few weeks ago!

    & try crochet. It's *so* much better.

     
  • At 11:36 pm, Blogger Cyn said…

    Semicolons connect two complete but related sentences; you use them like this.

     
  • At 1:45 pm, Blogger yorkpete said…

    I listened to something on Radio 4 that was a bit like your out Grandma recently. It was a bloke who came out when he was about 70 and met a nice boyfriend on at pride. It was really moving.

     
  • At 1:40 pm, Blogger Dr.Philomena said…

    I dont know when the right time to use a semicolon is; when you find out, let me know!

     
  • At 1:01 am, Blogger Groc said…

    but but battlestar was sssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooo bbbbbbbbbboooooooriiinnnngg and so long and drawn out...

     
  • At 7:52 pm, Blogger Sydney AKA Candeee said…

    What are you going to be for Halloween?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home